With Singapore residential district guide, you will have a better understanding on the distinctive and different experience of living in each district. From the view of property purchase and investment, Singapore is divided into 28 separate postal districts by its unique location, historical distinction and governmental planning. The following is the list of 28 postal districts in Singapore.
- District 01 – Raffles Place, Marina, Cecil,People’s Park
- District 02 – Tanjong Pagar, Chinatown
- District 03 – Tiong Bahru, Alexandra, Queenstown
- District 04 – Mount Faber, Telok Blangah, Harbourfront
- District 05 – Buona Vista, Pasir Panjang, Clementi
- District 06 – Clarke Quay, City Hall
- District 07 – Bugis, Beach Road, Golden Mile
- District 08 – Little India, Farrer Park
- District 09 – Orchard Road, River Valley, Cairnhill
- District 10 – Bukit Timah, Holland, Balmoral
- District 11 – Novena, Newton, Thomson
- District 12 – Toa Payoh, Serangoon, Balestier
- District 13 – Macpherson, Braddell
- District 14 – Geylang, Paya Lebar, Sims
- District 15 – Joo Chiat, Marina Parade, Katong
- District 16 – Bedok, Upper East Coast, Siglap
- District 17 – Changi, Flora, Loyang
- District 18 – Tampines, Pasir Ris
- District 19 – Punggol, Sengkang, Serangoon Gardens
- District 20 – Ang Mo Kio, Bishan, Thomson
- District 21 – Upper Bukit Timah, Ulu Pandan, Clementi Park
- District 22 – Boon Lay, Jurong, Tuas
- District 23 – Choa Chu Kang, Diary Farm, Hillview, Bukit Panjang, Bukit Batok
- District 24 – Kranji, Lim Chu Kang, Tengah
- District 25 – Marsling, Woodgrove, Woodlands, Admiralty
- District 26 – Upper Thomson, Mandai, Springleaf
- District 27 – Sembawang, Yishun
- District 28 – Yio Chu Kang, Seletar
When comes to Singapore property investment, there are three major regions used to differentiate the property market all over the country.
- Core Central Region(OCR): It comprises postal districts 9,10, 11, Downtown Core and Sentosa as shown in the colored area in the map of Central Region.
- Rest of Central Region (RCR): RCR refers to the rest of Central Region which are outside postal districts 9, 10, 11, Downtown Core and Sentosa.
Simply put, Central Region comprises the following 22 Planning Areas : Downtown Core, Orchard, Marina East, Marina South, Museum, Newton, Outram, River Valley, Rochor, Singapore River, Straits View, Bishan, Bukit Merah, Bukit Timah, Geylang, Kallang, Marine Parade, Novena, Queenstown, Southern Islands, Tanglin and Toa Payoh.
- Outside Central Region (OCR): OCR refers to the planning areas which are outside the Central Region.
The three regions used for property market segmentation is according to Singapore Planning Region. Singapore is divided into 5 areas called planning regions to facilitate the planning of the use and development of land for the whole of Singapore. The 5 regions are Central Region, East Region, North East Region, North Region and West Region. Each Planning Region consists of several planning areas which are further divided into sub-zones.
For Central Region, you may also notice that they can also be divided into Centre Area and Fringe Area.
- Central Area: It comprises the following 11 Planning Areas :Outram, Museum, Newton,River Valley, Singapore River, Marina South,Marina East, Straits View, Rochor, Orchard and Downtown Core. Please keep in mind, sometimes people says Rest of Central Area. That is to say Central Area which excludes the Orchard and Downtown Core Planning Areas.
- Fringe Area: This is the area within Central Region, excluding the Central Area. It comprises the following 11 Planning Areas : Bukit Merah, Bukit Timah, Queenstown, Kallang, Bishan, Marine Parade, Geylang, Toa Payoh, Tanglin, Novena and Southern Islands.
URA Price Indices of Non-Landed Properties by Locality
The Urban Redevelopment of Authority, Singapore will regularly release the local private property price indices by locality of the mentioned CCR, RCR and OCR regions.